Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

new records!!!

As a treat for myself or obtaining work.. i brought some new records.. While some are up to $45 each locally, i brought all 7 for about $150 including postage here from the US!!!.. so that pretty good.

1- I will start off with a favorite of mine, recently remastered and put out on 180 gm double vinyl.:

The Cure- 'Disintergration'...this L.P. soundtracked my late teen and young adulthood years... such a masterpiece of melancholy..
Lyrics like- '"I think it's dark and it looks like rain" you said, "and the wind is blowing like it's the end of the world" you said, "and it's so cold, it's like the cold if you were dead" and then you smiled for a second'.. ahhh lovely... excuse me, while i mope about on my own for a bit.....

2- The National - 'High Violet'.. I loved the single 'Bloodbuzz Ohio' so much i thought i would try the LP

3- Neko Case- 'Middle cyclone'.. god I love this Lp..I have listened to it so much on Cd and keep coming back to it, i just had to include it to my vinyl collection... Lyrics like -'CAUSE... I MISS, HOW YOU'D SIGH YOURSELF TO SLEEP, WHEN I'D RAKE THE SPRINGTIME ACROSS YOUR SHEETS' .. and it has a very cool cover!!!


4 & 5- The Black Keys - "Brothers" and "Chulahoma: the songs of Junior Kimbrough" . I am really liking quite a few of the tracks off the 'Brothers' LP, such as 'Everlasting light', 'Tighten up' and 'Too afraid to love you',.. and "Chulahoma.." well it has the very beautiful 'meet me in the city'..I am beyond liking it, in fact I am LOVING it!



6 & 7- Portishead- 'Portishead' and 'Third'. I loved the first Portishead LP 'Dummy' and if you could have worn a cd out.. i would have... I really haven't started to give their 2nd and 3rd Lp's a proper listen until recently..so I have taken an opportunity of a vinyl sale to give them the chance they deserve...

No comments:

Post a Comment