Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue: October 2012

Something Old

After seeing the great movie 'Moonrise Kingdom' by Wes Anderson, I have fallen in love with this tune by Benjamin Britten,  "Songs From Friday Afternoons, Op. 7: 'Cuckoo!'" (1935).

Songs From Friday Afternoons, Op. 7: 'Cuckoo!':



Many years ago I stumbled across a singer called Vicki Carr and her album 'The Best of the Liberty years'. Woah!!! She is great and I still play that album.

Vickki Carr- 'Going out of my head'


Something New

The Pet Shop Boys have a new single called 'Leaving' and I'm really enjoying it.
With great lines like:"... I can still find some hope to believe in love"

 Pet Shop Boys:'Leaving'



The Smith Street Band- 'Sunshine and Technology'
Not only do I like the bands name, cause Smith Street has played a big part in my life, but I like this raw aussie indie rock (and they mention the term 'first world problems' in their song!). This tune does have a language warning for those with sensitive ears!

The Smith Street Band- 'Sunshine and Technology'


Something Borrowed

Ray Lamontagne & Damien Rice - To love somebody. Two great singer/songwriters and a great cover!

Ray Lamontagne & Damien Rice - "To love somebody" (live)


 

Something Blue

Another Track from the Moonrise Kingdom soundtrack is Hank Williams Snr's 'Long gone lonesome blues". This is great.

 Hank Williams Snr: "Long gone lonesome blues"

2 comments:

  1. Thx Matthew for the NYC-love and for the great music links!

    ReplyDelete