Thursday, June 26, 2014

Experiments on/with film

I recently did some experimenting on film from my camera, that was not processed properly. Ok, small fib, truth be told, I did not correctly load the film into my camera. I then went about and shot the whole roll of film, thinking I had some great shots and later discovered it was all blank.... So rather than mope about, I decided to experiment with the failed film negative and scan the results. I used a combination of acetone and watercolour paints to get these results.

all images copyright matthew schiavello 2014


  1. wow. that's art. well done Matthew. they are beautiful

  2. Great that a mistake can be a discovery. I'm reminded of DNA, the beginning of life.