Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

6 reasons to love Bjork

Yes it had to happen at some point-Bjork.

so let me start, in fact let me show you six reasons why you should LOVE Bjork:

1- 'all is full of love'.. amazing film clip directed by Chris Cunningham!!Spooky, sensual, Some obvious imagery, but still stunningly done.



2- 'Pagen Poetry'. One of my favourite Bjork songs and an interesting clip as well.
'I love him, I love him... He makes me want to hurt myself again..'(Don't do it girl!! no man is worth it !!) 



3- 'Triumph of a heart'. Film clip by Spike Jonze. The song itself is made using only sounds from the human mouth. Trainspotter fact- In the scene running through town, Bjork did really hurt herself and left the mark to make it more realistic..  talk about suffer for your art!!!.. p.s. if you like cats you’ll love this clip !!




4- 'Come to me' (Live). She is so good live and this is a great arrangement, including Tabla and someone playing the glasses!!!!
Lyrics like-"you know that i adore you, you know that i love you, so don't make me say it, it would burst the bubble, break the charm''.. wow.... !



5- 'Hyperballad' (Live). Great live version of this awesome track!!! with lyrics like 'it's real early morning
no-one is awake, i'm back at my cliff, still throwing things off, i listen to the sounds they make, on their way down, i follow with my eyes 'til they crash, imagine what my body would sound like slamming against those rocks....
and when it lands, will my eyes, be closed or open?'



6- Last reason is -Michel Gondry !! Bjork and Michel are a brilliant team as the clips for 'Army of me' and 'Bachelorette' highlight. Forget the movie 'Inception's' idea of  layers of dreams within dreams... Bachelorette does the idea of layers within layers brilliantly and in only 5 mins!! and 'Army of me'. well that just ROCKS!!!





Six very good reasons to love the lass.. enuff said!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Matthew but I have to disagree. Bjork makes Yoko Ono sound good and I thought that was an impossibility. They both sound like mangey cats mating.
    Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are cool.. I think I am a cat person :-)
    Maybe that's why I love Bjork??. Though I am not a Yoko Ono fan....so there goes that theory .....
    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can only manage one mangey cat going solo.

    ReplyDelete