Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Something old, Something new, Something borrowed and Something blue: April 2011

Something old:
 
Glenn Miller & His Orchestra with The Modernaires – ‘Perfidia’.
I don’t know what it is about this song and this version, but I have loved it ever since I heard it years ago. It makes me want to close dance with someone special.... It is beautiful and slightly melancholic (isn't everything melancholic beautiful?).




something new:

I think I finally ‘get’ the latest Radiohead LP. I have listened to it a couple of times and thought.. hmmm.. it’s ok.. then this week as I sat working away on the computer, I decided to put 'The King of Limbs' on  the turntable… and it happened… I stopped to really listen and as the sound washed over me, it made sense. This is a record with layers.


Radiohead – 'Codex'.  
This is a fan made clip... The 30-37 sec mark is simply glorious.




 Something borrowed: 

José González - 'Put Your Hand On Your Heart'. 
This is an example of making a song your own...It took me a while to work out what this was a cover of... brilliant and lovely!




Something Blue:

Max Richter -'Written On The Sky'
This is from 'The Blue notebooks'.
This fan made clip, mixes imagery of the sea's raw power and beauty, with this short piece of haunting piano music.

No comments:

Post a Comment