Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue- Sept 2013

It has been a while since I have shared some  music!

Something Old:

Frank Sinatra's 1956 Lp 'Songs for Swingin' Lovers' is a album filled with one great tune after an other. I have played it over the years and never tire of it. A true sign of a classic album.


Frank Sinatra- 'You make me feel so young':



You am I- the Lp 'Hourly Daily' is a relatively modern classic album and has been re-released recently to celebrate 20 years since You am I's debut Lp  'Sound as Ever', was originally released.
A track off the Hourly Daily Lp, which has a swear word in it, is this simple and honest track 'Please don't ask me to smile'.

You am I-'Please don't ask me to smile'



Something New:

This is a group I want to like, but haven't really heard anything that has grabbed me... I don't mind this new tune though.

Fuck Buttons- 'The Red Wing'



I like this track off the Pet Shop boy's new Dance Album, 'electric'. I do have to admit,, that tt is sometimes on the ipod, as I dance/walk my way to work.

Pet Shop Boys- 'Vocal'



I read a bit of hype about the new Boards of Canada Lp, a "return to form", Blah, blah, blah.. who would have thought they were right? It is great and I have it on vinyl.

Boards of Canada- 'Reach for the Dead'






Something Borrowed:
A couple of Aussie groups/artists in Triple J's 'like a version, covering overseas tracks.

I love San Cisco, I think they sound great and yes i am still meaning to buy their debut album. I actually prefer their cover of Daft Punks 'Get lucky', to the original. Maybe fast forward to the 1:13 mark, to miss all the chat

San Cisco: 'Get Lucky'




Ash Grunwald and Andy and Scott from The Living End are joined by Urthboy to cover  'Feel Good Inc' by Gorillaz. Again, maybe fast forward to the 1:16 mark, to miss all the chat:




Something Blue:

Only because this clip has some wonderful blue lighting!

Cold war kids: 'Lost that easy'

No comments:

Post a Comment