Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue- Oct 2010

Something Old:
This selection is inspired by a friend going to an event that Daryl Hall was appearing at:
Sadly, my mate didn't rock up as John Oates and insist on an impromptu duet.
I did suggest that If they preformed 'Private eye's' I could to do back up hand claps..
'My private eyes.. 'clap'
Been watching you 'clap clap''    ---See i have been practicing !!!
 
Two rocking 80’s tunes from Hall and Oates:

‘I can't go for that (no can do)’:

and ‘Private Eyes’:  (get those hands ready to clap!!!!)



Something new:
Two new and different tunes for you..
 
just for fun and because it is shot in New York: 
Chiddy bang: 'truth'
Click here to watch: Truth
 
 and for something more lovely and with great lyrics:
  
Joanna Newsom- ‘jackrabbits’ (live on jools Holland)
 
I was tired o' being drunk
My face cracked like a joke
So I swung through here like a brace of jackrabbits
With their necks all broke

I stumbled at the door with my boot
And I knocked against the jamb
And I scrabbled at your chest like a mute
With my fists of ham

Trying to tell you that I am
Telling you I can
I can love you again
Love you again...

...And the verse I read in jest
And Matthew spoke to me
Said, there's a flame that moves like a low-down pest
That says, "you will be free"

Only tell me that I can
Tell me that I can
I can love you again
Love you again

something borrowed:

Two cover versions!!!

Firstly, Josh Pyke, covering the Church’s ‘under the milky way’ (Live on Triple J’s Like a Version)
Click here to watch: Under the Milky way tonight

Who doesn’t wistfully sing along to the lines:
‘wish I knew what you were looking for,
might have known what you would find’



and while We are being wistful, The Beach boys- ‘god only knows’  done by Ben Kweller

(Sorry there is no clip as such)
Feel free  to sing along to one of the most beautiful songs in the world: 

“I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on, believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would livin' do me
God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you “
(Written by : Wilson & Asher)

something blue:

Otis Redding off the ‘Otis Blue LP:
‘try a little tenderness’ LIVE !!!  Say no more!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment