Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Hottest 100?

This year, Triple J's Hottest 100 had quite a few people puzzled over the number one spot- Angus and Julia Stone's 'Big Jet Plane'. I listen to the J's when I am showering etc.. so I am sure that I would have heard this song, but it just didn't pierce my psyche. Nor did it impress upon the many others who complained about this song being voted number one. Obviously myself and the other puzzled complainers are not in touch with the multitudes who listen to the government youth network and who voted Angus and Julia into the top spot! In fact, I don't think any of the ten tunes I voted for made the top 10!! Crikey I am out of touch!!

Anyway, a list of the tunes voted in at 101-200 was published on the Triple J website and after checking it out I decided to compile a selection of 10 tunes (from those voted in from number 1-200) that personally rocked my world... and though I personally voted for Joanna Newsom...alas... the youth of this country did not.. (geez I am feeling more my 39 years of age each day!!!).

The numbers next to each of these tracks is their ranking in the hottest 100 (and then numbers 101-200)




10. Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. - Somebody To Love Me {Ft. Boy George & Andrew Wyatt}
  


29. Illy - It Can Wait {Ft. Owl Eyes}


31. The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio


50. Hot Chip - One Life Stand


78. Gorillaz - Stylo {Ft. Bobby Womack and Mos Def}


      104. Caribou - Odessa



      119. Grinderman - Palaces Of Montezuma



      149. LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean



      160. The Drums - Forever And Ever Amen



      168. Crystal Castles - Celestica



      and now... sneakily added is number eleven!!!!
      Joanna Newsom- 'Jackrabbits'.  This is such a beautiful piece of music with lovely lyrical imagery..I have no idea why the youth of this country didn't vote for this... maybe because it lacks PHAT beats and synth sounds?... never fear at least it got a vote from me!!!




      No comments:

      Post a Comment