Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue - Feb 2011

Something old:
 
David Bowie- "Oh! You pretty things". I have this song in my head and on the I-pod again!! I can't stop singing along with and loving it. It is off his 1971 LP 'Hunky Dory'.




Something  new:

The man is back!!  
Gil Scott-Heron - 'Where Did The Night Go'. This is off his recent LP - 'I'm new here'. Trainspotter note: this Lp has been remixed by Jamie Smith from The Xx and released as 'We're new here'.  




Something borrowed:

I know nothing about this group- The Bad Plus.. except that they have done a live cover of an Aphex Twin track called 'Flim'. Originally a track on the 'Come to daddy' EP. Give this a chance to do it's thing, from about 1:35 onwards is when I started to take notice and think.. ‘yes’ they get this.





Something blue:


If this song was a colour it would be blue-
Nico and her sublime version of ‘These Days’. Something that I have lately been re-listening to a lot.
'Please don't comfront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment