Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good Friday at Heide Museum of Modern Art- pt 1

This past good Friday, instead of staying in and mourning the death of our lord and savior...(for the non Catholic/Christians..read that as 'instead of staying indoors during a public holiday').. My dear mate 'D' and I decided to find out what was open. Heide museum came up and D was surprised that I had never been. It was one of those places that had been on my 'to do list' for twenty odd years now. So.. it was settled, next stop Heidi. We had a ball, laughed heaps (as we do) and shared my little digital camera. Here are some pics we took. These are all of the outside grounds.

For those that are not familiar with Heide and want to know more, click on this link. Aside from visiting the galleries (which are reasonably priced to enter-and you're supporting a not-for-profit organisation!), the grounds are free to walk amongst (bonus in my books!!). As the below pics hopefully suggest, we felt like we were in the country, rather than on the outskirts of town. Despite the number of great sculptures scattered about the grounds, D and I seemed to take more pictures of the beauty that nature had on display that day.  












No comments:

Post a Comment